Summer Course 2018 Ljubljana
Have you heard about autonomous cars? The new incoming technology is going to change our future on the roads. Systems have evolved so much in the last few years, that we do not know if our next generations will need drivers licenses. Do you wonder how they perceive traffic signs and other road users Do you want to be one of the lucky few to see what autonomous cars do “under the hood”?
If you wonder how self-driving cars work or if you are eager to learn new things, then our summer course is perfect for you! Join us and 22 ambitious students from all over Europe between 11th and 18th of July 2018 in one of the most beautiful cities in Europe, Ljubljana. Each summer course is attended by technology students like you, who have something in common: they want to live a unique experience, different from day-to-day school life!
In one week in Ljubljana you will learn how autonomous cars navigate, distinguish between different visual road elements and also see the ethics of autonomous vehicles.
Besides academic activities there will be a variety of social activities and city trips through Ljubljana. During the weekend we will take you on a trip somewhere in Slovenia, where you will be able to experience the full beauty of this small country.
Our summer course is the perfect opportunity to complement your field of study, increase your international experience, set up contacts, improve your English level and have fun!
To make sure that you know how to survive in Slovenia, we made you a Survival Guide! There you will find a lot of useful information, so you better check it!
Also check out the approximate schedule of the course and CVs, Syllabus and Prematerials - Technology, take the wheel.
You can check the presentations from the lectures here below:
- Autonomous driving 101 - Nejc Jezeršek
- How RnD on automated driving does hit the road? - Birgit Hütter, Christian Payerl
- Autonomy of vehicles - prof. dr. Jernej Klemenc
- Human-Machine interaction in vehicles - Tomaž Čegovnik
- Driving safety and autonomous vehicles - Tomaž Čegovnik
- Computer vision and machine learning for perception and decision making in driverless cars - Danijel Skočaj
- Optitech fleet management platform - Kivi - Tadej Visinski
- European Commission plan for automated mobility - Blaž Pongračič
- Computer vision for unmanned sruface vehicles - Matej Kristan